Friday, January 30, 2015

Progress at Learning Esperanto

  
They don't give out gold stars but
all Esperantists do get a green one.
  My Progress.
  I am doing well with learning Esperanto words.  I have a few hundred words bouncing around somewhere in my head that I can recall with some prodding from flashcards at Memrise.com.  I need to work on creating my own sentences and doing some reading.  I see it being even more fun as My Wife and I continue to learn further.

  The Esperanto Duolingo course is really coming along and I am really looking forward to it starting around its estimated launch time of 3/21/15.  It already has 10,802 students pre-signed up.  It will be great time to start what is considered to be an excellent starter language for beginners.  Even though Duolingo is not a college course with a diploma, it is free and is commonly used by college students.  The greatest diploma you can show from learning a new skill is showing how well you are able to use the new skill itself.  While we wait for the duolingo class I am getting as much of a head start with the language as I can.

   Why learn Esperanto?
   In My Wife and I's case it is fun language that we can learn together as a family without the learning stress that other languages have. We are both loving that it is a VERY easy language to learn.  It follows ALL of its grammar and spelling rules without exception.  ALL words are spelled exactly as they are spoken, and spoken exactly as they are spelled.  It is a real breath of fresh air compared to English.

   Esperanto is taught in some schools as an introductory language.  It teaches language structure (nouns, pronouns, adjectives) without having at the same time to fight non-conforming spellings and pronunciations of a new language.  This builds confidence to learn another language.  Esperanto is especially easy to learn by English speakers at it uses many of the the same root words that English uses, root words that are common to many languages.   Once basic language learning skills are learned with Esperanto it may motivate and build a persons confidence to learn yet another language.  Even if a person chooses not to continue with another language after Esperanto, at least you have learned the one second language to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment