Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Getting a good start with some online tools

 

   My Wife and I getting a good start on learning Esperanto.  The flash card decks at Memrise.com have really been useful.  We have found ourselves using it even more than at Lernu.net.  I expect we will get back to lernu.net after going through several packs of cards at Memrise.com

   
   The course at DuoLingo is really coming along as it is almost 70% done at this point and nearing 10,000 students with 9834 already waiting for class to begin.  We look forward to using Duolingo when it starts, but happy we are getting a head start with the other educational options.  Its estimated launch is around March 18th 2015.

   There hope the beta live online proficiency test that DuoLingo now has in English will spread to other DuoLingo language courses.  I have doubts I could even pass the English proficiency test and I have lived with the language my whole life.  I can really see it being a difficult language for someone to learn as a second language.

    We still have a long way to go before we can say we know the language at all, but we really do like our progress so far. It is so nice to learn a language that spells every word exactly as they are pronounced or is that pronounces words exactly as they are spelled.  Well, its all correct when the language follows all of its own grammar rules.  I also like that many of the root words are already familiar as English already uses many of them in one form or another. This helps to learn it a lot.

   We will get back with more progress as time goes on. Mi estas tre feliĉa pri nia progreso ĝis nun.

No comments:

Post a Comment