Saturday, September 5, 2015

Reached level 11 on Duolingo


    There are 25 levels to go in Esperanto, so I have a long ways to go. But I just hit level 11 while reviewing.  I have all gold through the Numbers Lesson and will continue reviewing.  Then I will be ready to start on Affixes 2.

   Reviews are taking me a long time as I am having great difficulty distinguishing many sounds correctly.  Have tried with internal and external speakers, earphones, and a bluetooth headset.  Many sounds sound alike or like another sound entirely.  This makes it discouraging and hard to fill in the gold.  It is good that I really like the saying "Never give up, never surrender, full speed ahead"  (Galaxy Quest)  #KOR "Neniam perdu esperon, neniam kapitulacigas, plenrapide antaŭen" (Galaksio Serĉado)

   I am getting the idea from posts at the Duolingo Learners Forum that it is, 'possible' to finish the tree around level 11, but others will finish according to their abilities. And just because you finish at level 11 would not necessarily mean you are well versed. ALL will actually without a doubt need more review and practice whether level 11 or 25

   I would like to listen to more stories using frazoj from the course according to levels. I have been trying to listen to 'Pasporto al la tuta mondo'. I get more of it now but still need listening practice. I am however getting tired of listening to it. I do not get much of 'Gerda Malaperis' yet. Alas 'Mazi en Gondolando' is more my comprehension. It is like 'Sesame street' all over again. Who says you can't have a second childhood' ;)

UPDATE: Sept 15 - (Copied from a Duolingo forum progress update) I am still at Level 11 with 3158 all time XP EO from the beginning.  Often I only do my 10 xp minimum.  I have missed about 3 days, the rest have been 4 streaks.  Current streak is 57 days.  Before Duolingo I primarily used Memrise and an email tutor.  Currently going through Duolingo is quite enough for my brain to keep up with so I do not regularly use other resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment