Monday, February 9, 2015

A Complete Grammar of Esperanto

I am going through the ebook:
A Complete Grammar of Esperanto with grades exercises for reading and translation together with full vocabularies by Ivy Kellerman, A.M., Ph. D.
As I have been studying the book I have also been using the 'Add Note' feature of Google Play Books to add all of my translations of the 'Reading Lessons' and 'Sentences for Translation' provided in the book.

Screen shot of the ebook along with a pop-up note of a translation.
Along with the book, I am using a Memrise flash card deck that includes all of the vocabulary from the book. I currently have 376,005 point that currently put me at 5th place on the all time leader board for this deck.  I am currently in position 1 for the weekly and monthly score position.  However, note that these scores are highly fluid for as soon as the next person sees my score, they will want to top it.  I have been bouncing back and fourth with the active deck users for the weekly and monthly position.  I find it rather fun and motivating.  It helps me to keep the vocabulary in my head in between my session with going through the book.

The Duolingo course is currently 77% done with 11,796 pre-registered.
I am finding it a useful combination to give me a head start while I wait for the Esperanto Duolingo course to start. The Duolingo course is currently at 77% near its completion with 11,796 students pre-registered for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment