Monday, July 31, 2017

Music hobby and Esperanto progress update

Saluton,

  We have really enjoyed learning guitar.  We have had Jay L. and/or Curt W. on several occasions in our yard practicing.  We also had a congregation picnic where Jaj and another brother we just met had fun playing.  I am slow going on the guitar but will continue in time.

  I also thanks to Jay L. have a Piano keyboard that I am learning to play using a real online teacher.  I am picking this up at a better pace that the Guitar, working with my limitations I am spending more time with the piano at this time.

   I have revisited learning Spanish but still found it way to difficult to take on, so that led me back to Esperanto so.....

   Yesterday I revisited Duolingo and practiced some Esperanto.  I did quite well, especially for not practicing it for quite some time. I was quite encouraged.  If I had another speaker around me I could really pick it up.
I leveled up to level 13 yesterday.at Duolingo :)
   I was also pleased to see that Duolingo now has a Spanish to Esperanto course and apparently there is a Duolingo forum for both English/EO and Spanish/EO  Esperanto speakers.  That is what EO is all about, a neutral easy language that all can learn and use togather.

   There are times when I am caught up with other more important studies, and I can only do so much sitting up at a piano bench practicing music.  I am often limited to sitting reclined with my legs elevated.  These may continue be good times for me to practice Esperanto.  I do enjoy the experience of learning another language,  I just wish one of my friends would take an interest in it.  Kathy my Wife has not been able to learn it as she likes and for another local Brother, the time was just not there for him.  I don't care I still enjoy the experience of learning a language, a language that follows its own spelling and pronunciation rules completely and consistently.  

Ankoraŭ studento sed ankoraŭ lernante.


 


2 comments: