Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Time for some Duolingo lesson reviews


   As I worked towards and finished the 'Dates/Time' lesson of level 8 of the Duolingo course I am finding that I am having difficulty and having to hover words to get the translation hint to often.

   I am going to start going back through the lessons I have already completed for some refresh and confidence building.  It's time to return my now multi-colored lesson patches to there gold luster.

   I am also still having difficulty with the -n affix.  This comes from my ongoing difficulty with identifying word types on the fly.  In english I can make sentences just because I grew up with it and my brain just does it.  I learning a new language I do not have this instinct to draw on, I have to actually know word parts.  If I could Anglesize Esperanto word order and get away with it would help a lot.  I can read sentences that use the -n affix ok though.

   My wife has not been able to continue much with Esperanto so I do not have her practice with.  She never was able to start the Duolingo course.


No comments:

Post a Comment