Thursday, May 7, 2015

May progress report

    As I have been waiting for the Duolingo Course to open in June.  I have been trying to get the accusative -n is used when a noun or pronoun is the direct object of a verb in my head.  As I never did understand parts of sentences in English it is a huge challenge to me, my email tutor has been helping me a lot on by giving input on many practice sentences.  I have also created several Google documents to give me an opportunity to practice.  I am coming to the conclusion it will just take a lot of time for me and to continue working on the language and perhaps I will start to pick it up better.

  So for practice and subject to future editing I wrote a little short story called 'Ni Venas Paroli Kun Vi En Vian Lingvon' about some aliens who come to earth to speak to us in what they believe is our universal earth language.  I will preface that it is a rather rough telling of a story as I fully realize it is full of beginner language errors.  When I understand the language better I plan to update or repost it with corrections I have learned.

  I have been outside more since the weather has improved.  So when not up to a bit of yard work(read weeding and watering) I have been using Memrise to try to get the vocabulary down for "Gerda Malaperis" so I can try to watch it on youtube and understand it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment